A Word From the TCD’s Head of ZK Technologies — Alberto Garoffolo
At Telos, innovation is at the core of our mission, and the vision for the next rendition of Telos is taking shape. We are working on the design of a novel fully decentralized protocol that holds the promise of a massively scalable Zero Knowledge-enabled chain with aims of infinite scalability, privacy for native smart contracts, and machine learning support on-chain. Although details cannot yet be disclosed, the TCD is diligently designing a decentralized system that enhances scalability while we strategically evaluate collaborations and technological benchmarks to ground our approach in practical innovation.
A Word From the TCD’s Head of Engineering — Jesse Schulman
July was a pivotal month for the TCD, setting the foundation for key releases. From wallet improvements to final testing, August promises a wave of exciting unveilings. Our work on embracing ZK technology is forging new horizons. August will not only reveal current progress but also crystallize fresh strategies, outlining an exciting path forward. The future at Telos is filled with innovation; stay tuned!
These are the notable integrations that the TCD has facilitated in the month of July.
ChangeNOW: A non-custodial cross-chain swaps service supporting over 850 cryptocurrencies, facilitating seamless and secure trading, fiat on/off ramps, and credit card purchases, thus enhancing the TLOS token utility and driving the expansion of the Telos gaming and exchange applications.
IceCreamSwap: An all-encompassing Decentralized Exchange offering multi-chain trading, a user-friendly interface, direct bridging, and lucrative liquidity incentives for TLOS holders, fostering a robust and innovative DeFi environment within the Telos ecosystem.
CoinSender: A multi-transaction cryptocurrency payment platform, enabling streamlined token distribution across multiple use cases such as accounting, payroll, NFT distribution, and gaming rewards, thereby enhancing the utility of the TLOS token and its community.
Zo World: A dynamic hub for Web3 meetups and NFT artists, offering immersive experiences in digital and physical spaces, augmented reality art exhibitions, and exclusive perks through the Zo World Founder NFT membership.
Tangem: The leading provider of secure, user-friendly, NFC-enabled cold storage solutions for digital assets. Leveraging Telos, get an exclusive 15% discount on all Tangem wallets using code TELOSPREORDER, securing your crypto with unparalleled safety, ease and affordability.
Fortis Network: A cornerstone of the Telos ecosystem since 2021, to launch a distinctive DeFi offering in tEVM, presenting high-yield opportunities for FORT holders and driving significant passive income potential for our community.
As part of an ongoing effort to provide more visibility into network statistics, the TCD has begun tracking key metrics. This will enable us to identify potential trends on-chain. More metrics will be added over time.
TCD July Development Updates
In July, the Telos Core Developers (TCD) team demonstrated steadfast progress across a range of repositories, making significant strides toward their key development priorities. Major highlights include integration with Fathom Analytics, WalletConnect improvements, SafePal Wallet integration, and substantial progress on Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) capabilities.
The team’s dedication to improving the Telos Wallet, Open Block Explorer, and other software components is reflected in the updates, resulting in enhancements to the user experience, increased system performance, and bolstered security across all offerings. With ongoing updates to core components and regular software version upgrades, the team is committed to delivering superior products to benefit the Telos ecosystem.
Key Development Updates
- Integrated Fathom Analytics which will help us make data-informed decisions on improving the wallet
- Improved transaction table for user-friendly transaction history and implemented a notification feature for failed transaction fetches.
- Debugging and deployment fixes for quicker diagnosis and resolution of issues.
- Improved the NFT viewing capabilities with a release supporting ERC721 tokens.
- Integrated SafePal Wallet and achieved compatibility with the OREID Wallet (Telos Cloud Wallet)
Open Block Explorer
- Fixed an issue where the action’s payload was continuously appending, leading to improved system efficiency and performance.
- Enhanced payload data by adding an account link to it.
- Prepared a fix for a REX unstaking front-end display and interaction bug.
Teloscan & Teloscan Indexer
- Improved cache efficiency for invalid signatures in Teloscan Indexer.
- Refined token supply information, improved NFT account routes, and enhanced API routes and balance information.
Telos EVM Docker & Translator
- Updated Leap to version 4.0.4 and improved Nodeos Logging for better system monitoring.
- Enhanced the system’s ability to identify and handle gaps in data processing in the Telos EVM Translator.
- Added multi-user support for Elasticsearch Container and improved system integrity checks.
Other Notable Updates
- The App Telos Native repository saw modifications from hotfixes to system package updates and code refactoring.
- In the Token List repository, a new Fortis Coin was added, and the existing one was updated.
- Coingecko and CMC Ids were removed from Multichain issued tokens so that the wallet would not use the underlying token prices to display Multichain token prices.
TCD August Priorities
- EVM 1.5 and EVM 2.0
- TELOS ZERO
- EVM Web Wallet
- OREID Wallet Integration (Telos Cloud Wallet)
- SafePal Walletconnect Integration
- ERC 1155 NFT functionality implementation
- EVM Web Wallet UI/UX improvements
4. Addressing the Governance Change backlog
The month of July has been one of hard work and progress for the TCD, with a consistent focus on enhancing the wallet and getting closer to the release of 1.5. The integration of new technologies and continual updates signifies a dynamic and forward-thinking approach. The TCD Team’s current priorities align with Telos Foundation’s vision and strategic objectives, ensuring sustained growth and innovation in the months ahead.
About Telos Foundation:
As a decentralized, independent and not-for-profit organization, the Telos Foundation spearheads the advancement and governance of the Telos blockchain. Launched in 2018, Telos has an impeccable five-year record of uninterrupted service. With the introduction of the tEVM in 2021 — the fastest Ethereum Virtual Machine — Telos has demonstrated its commitment to cutting-edge technology. Now shifting its focus to becoming a Layer 0 network, Telos places paramount importance on scalability, security, and decentralization. The network’s impressive performance allows for 15,200+ transactions per second, all while maintaining near-feeless operations. Today, the Telos ecosystem boasts more than 100 partners, 250 dApps, 1.2 million accounts, and a rapidly growing community. Telos continues to propel the industry’s transition to Web 3.0 and pave the way for global adoption of decentralized solutions.